5.14.2008

Belated Mother's Day Shout Out

Happy Mother's Day to my Two Wonderful Mothers:


Mom, you are the greatest. You do so much for our family. One thing I really admire about you is your steadfastness in the gospel. You have set such a great example for all of your children to follow. From making sure we had scripture study and family home evening, to bearing your testimony to us, we knew you knew the gospel to be true, and because you knew it, it helped us know it for ourselves too. You are always so quick to serve others or befriend those who may not have many friends and you don't just do it half heartedly, you really are a true blue friend. You love everyone regardless of any flaws the world may see. I really love and look up to those things about you. You are such a fun mom. You have such a great sense of humor and are fun to talk to. Lately I have felt like you are not only my mom, but my friend, and someone I can trust and talk to about anything. Last but not least, you are beautiful and I would be happy to look half as good as you do when I am your age. I don't even know how many times people are shocked when I tell them you've had ten kids and they just don't believe it when they see you. We love you Mom!


Monette, you are so wonderful. I feel so lucky to be a part of your family and to have you as a mother-in-law. I really did luck out when I married Steve. One thing I admire about you is the sincere love and concern you have for all your children. You love to be a part of their lives in everything they do. It is clear that you would do anything for any of them. You are always so loving and supportive and I really want to be like that for my children some day too. Another thing I'd like to point out is what a great cook you are! You make some fabulous meals and I hope my kids enjoy my cooking as much as yours do. You are beautiful (or a "pretty mommy" according to Max :) , smart, and fun to be around. It has been so great getting to know you and I am never disappointed the more I do. Thanks for all the love you have shown us, and for making me feel like one of your own. You are amazing, and we love you!

2 comments:

Shannon & Kevin said...

Wow - you do have some great mothers! You really had some nice things to say about mom - and all of it was true! Dayna, I'm sure you'll make a great mother because you have some great role models.

Annie P said...

I have only met your mom once - and I was impressed. And, I would love to be like Monette. She is such an amazing example. Someday.