6.30.2008

A Taste of the Single Life

Steve went out of town this weekend with the BYU soccer team. Meanwhile, I partied it up single style. Just kidding, well, sort of. I was so sad when he left and was considering moping around all weekend feeling sorry for myself. Thankfully, my long time friend and freshman year roommate Courtney Pratt came into town this weekend to go to summer semester at BYU. While Steve was gone we had fun laying out at the pool, hiking Stewart Falls, floating down the Provo River, and having a barbecue/game night at the Magleby's Sundance Cabin with Courtney's 12 other single friends. Did I feel out of place? Well, maybe a tad, but I still had a lot of fun! I had a taste of the single life, but am glad that Steve is now home and I can go back to being his wifey. I sure missed him. I'm excited to do everything over again but with my hubby this time. Thanks to Court for making my weekend a blast and for making an old married woman feel included.

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me so I'll have to steal them from the others and post them later.

Other things I did this weekend:

1. Saw Wall-E with my brother Taylor and his date. (Talk about third wheel. Wasn't suppose to be that way but some others bailed right before). Such a cute movie though!!
2. Steve got home on Sunday (finally!) and we had a family get together up in Alpine. We barbecued, had birthday cake for two of Steve's aunts birthdays, and hung out. Its always fun getting the fam together.

Now its Monday and Adam and Ryan are getting in today for "Camp Utah". I may be MIA for a couple weeks. Pics and updates to come!

2 comments:

Annie P said...

You always know how to pack a weekend full of fun things!

jo said...

Way to keep busy with the hubby bubby gone! I understand the longing for the half when they are gone:) Tell Court hi for me!