10.11.2008

So Long Sweet Summer

It snowed today. No joke. Early October and I witnessed snowflakes falling from the sky. Summer is officially over, fall has taken a quick turn to bitter cold, and it seems as though winter is beginning to settle in. I know I already posted a little bit about my summer, but I finally have my computer back with my Deep Creek Lake photos so here's a little recap of my summer after Camp Utah (per request of family). Enjoy!


Oh how I love Deep Creek Lake. There really is nothing too much better then waking up and waterskiing on glass water, eating a hearty breakfast (pancakes or waffles, take your pick), relaxing with a good book, taking a wild tube ride (bottoms may or may not have come off of someone), going to the Creamery for an afternoon ice cream cone, chillin' with family, watching the cute babies run around nakey, eating a yummy dinner, and then playing games or snuggling up to a movie at night. OH wait, it does get better because we got to do that every day for THREE WHOLE WEEKS! It was so awesome to be with family (minus Crystal and Taylor while they were on their study abroad, *tear*) and not have to worry about a thing in the world. Here are some of my favorite pics that I think recap the fun we had:
























































































































































































































































































































































































































































































After Deep Creek, I flew back home to throw Crystal's bridal shower. We held it at my in-laws beautiful home in Alpine. It made for such a great location, and the Magleby's were so nice to offer their home and set up for the party.  My Mom and sisters flew out for the event. It was so fun. We ate great food, played silly bridal shower games, and had a party getting excited with Crystal for her upcoming big day. 






















































































To put the cherry on a perfect summer sundae, we got to be home for Crystal and Morgan's beautiful wedding! It was so fun to all be together celebrating such a wonderful occasion. We are so happy for you Crystal and Morgan and we think you make a great couple! We love you!




























We celebrated "back to school" by riding the Alpine Loop. You can see how green the leaves are compared to our next ride up in one of my recent posts just a few weeks later.






I'm already counting down the days til next summer...

5 comments:

Annie P said...

I am counting down the days too. I really hate the long Utah winters. I just wish I had a place like Deep Creek to go for 3 weeks. That looks like so much fun!!

Jen Richards said...

I LOVE this post!! It brings back so many great memories.

Shannon and Kevin said...

I LOVE your post! Thank you so much for updating with such great photos!! Deep Creek was AWESOME!

Sara and Brad said...

wow dayna looks like you had such a fun summer!!! loved all your oics :)

KDAY said...

aahh memories of Deep Creek. The best summer vacation ever!