7.22.2009

Photobucket

i never prepared myself for the kind of love i would feel for steve when jayne was born. when steve tucked me in bed a couple nights ago i expressed this to him. i told him i love him so much- so much more than i did before she was born, and that i never knew i could love him as much as i do now. he said he felt the same way about me. funny how that happens. knowing that we together created this little perfect beautiful girl is so amazing and overwhelming to me at times, and seeing the way steve interacts with her and adores her makes my heart want to burst with love and affection for him. i look at him with totally different eyes now. he's no longer just the man i married, my husband, or best friend. he is now also the father of our little jayne, and my companion in raising her. that new role we took on together has brought us so much closer, and entered into our lives a more profound respect and appreciation for each other. an even greater love. it is so amazing. and to think that we get to do this for eternity is another unbelievably exciting and overwhelming thought in and of itself. and i can't wait.

6 comments:

J and Rachel Kirkham said...

I could not agree more - I felt the exact same way about J.

Esther Noelle said...

Thanks for sharing your beautiful thoughts with us, Dayna! I'm so happy for you!

Angie said...

This makes me so happy. I'd never thought about it in depth but it makes sense. I feel like a lot of couples talk about how "once the kids come, the honeymoon stage is over" and act like their love dwindles as the kids come and time goes on. I love hearing this perspective of your love growing even more with the experience of having kids. So beautiful and so true! Thanks for sharing!

jo said...

You are a doll who married a doll who then had a doll. Love is life and your life is just beautiful.

Mary Martha said...

so sweet! your such a good mommy adn wifey

Mary Martha said...

i really do crazy enough. its' okay though. I'm feeling so much better just really weak. Next week I'll bewith Drew but I look forward tos eeing pics. so awesome!