2.05.2010

ramblings...



its 4:30 pm on a friday and for the first time all week i find myself having nothing to do. ok, lets be honest, there are probably a hundred things i could actually be doing right now that really need to be done or are at least more productive then just playing on my computer but nothing enough to entice me to get off my lazy bum. baby girl is down for a nap (hallelujah) and i just finished downing two lovely monster cookies. everybody needs a good cookie fix every now and then. so what if mine happens to be every day. want the recipe? if so i may just post it for you guys. they are good. very similar to my peanut butter cookie lover but with oatmeal (check out the background of my photo for proof- ha!) and m &ms to boot. did oatmeal just turn you off? cause it shouldn't. these are awesome.

man alive check out my dark circles under my eyes. yes, that would be the result of my insomnia that is still hanging over my head. its been six (and a half) months people. just thought i'd finally cave in and vent to you all once again about this horrid disease that is sucking the life out of me. ok that might be an exaggeration but seriously, i had had enough 6 months ago. i don't know how i'm still managing but i am. i guess thats good. to help take the edge off a little bit steve and i have been doing yoga together before going to bed. and no, yoga is not some code name for something else that you might be thinking (gross!), its actual yoga- Biggest Loser Weight Loss Yoga video to be exact. We just do the Level 1 and it is enough to calm my body down before bed and help give me a decent nights sleep. i was never a fan of yoga until lately. it works guys. it really does. it may even be toning my muscles a bit too. can't beat that.

speaking of muscles....so remember how i said i'm doing a half marathon? well i am. i think if i keep mentioning it and telling you guys all about it then there is no possible way i can back out and look like a fool to you all. its happening whether i like it or not (and i do like it.... for now). Official training begins next week and I'm not going to lie, I am pretty nervous. With a baby, school, and little sleep to top it all off I am a tad worried about finding the time (and energy) to run several miles more than once a week. is this going to be possible (please tell me it is)? good thing i have a whole crew of lovely ladies doing it with me. i need that kinda support system. and this is a goal i do not want to chicken out from. running through that finish line is going to be a big change for me. a completed challenge that will give me newfound motivation and confidence in other areas of my life. its not too late to join if you're interested.

well folks. enough ramblings. hope you're all having a lovely friday.

signing off ----

8 comments:

s day said...

Please excuse my intrusiveness... but I have a few questions for you.
1. How is it that you can make and eat cookies and still have the figure of a super-model? Seriously. You're my body idol.
2. How is it that you can survive 6.5 months of insomnia and still be the most gorgeous woman on the planet? Seriously.
3. And seriously...... I'm proud of you for running a 1/2 marathon. But it's just one more thing that's going to add to the perfect body, perfect face-ness that is Dayna.
LOVE LOVE LOVE YOU!

Kim & Clay said...

I liked reading your "ramblings!" yes I would like your cookie recipe, please. And I agree that I'm a bit mystified by your ability to stay supermodel thin despite your daily cookie intake. I also need my treat fix every day! Yeah you can for sure find a way to get your running in and it will be SO cool when you finish that race. Have you run races before? I think you have. Either way, it is such an adrenaline rush when you're done. Ok, bye!

Rachel K said...

YOGA helped fix my insomnia from that stupid shot. I'm glad it's helping you a little bit. I MISS YOU!!! P.S. You are so beautiful and I'm so proud of you for doing that 1/2 marathon!! You rock!

Jayne Layne said...

That stinks so bad that you can't sleep! I cannot imagine, I have had a couple of restless nights, and they are NO FUN! So Sorry!

Yoga.... truly the best thing on earth... body wise at least. I used to do yoga and the difference it made in my body was unreal! I don't do it anymore (wish I did) but I will swear by it forever! Great idea to do it before sleep, it is so relaxing. If you ever decide to go to a studio, try It's Yoga in the Riverwoods... GREAT!

Finally, Bachelor! LOVE IT, AND I actually love him! He was on last season so I thought he would bug me (he did then) but he is so sweet I think! you are right...pure entertainment for two hours. I hate when it is over.

Anyway you look so good always and baby Jayne is too cute for words, and i mean that! She is precious. Give yourself, Steve and Jayne a hug from me!

Angie said...

Recipe! Yes, recipe please!

I'm sorry about your insomnia. That SUCKS.

I think you're a rockstar for committing to a half-marathon. Yay for you!! You will be awesome!

I will join you in your half-marathon running, thanks. (On the other side of the country, if that's okay.)

Good luck!

Katherine said...

So sorry to hear about your insomnia! Rest assured that you do NOT look like the life is being sucked out of you. (Funny computer pic, btw.) Glad to hear that the yoga is helping AND that Steve is joining in. Fun!

I predict that once you begin training for the half marathon, you will begin to sleep like a baby. I have no doubt that you will succeed!

Kate and Peter Lowe said...

Yum! I think you should make some of those monster cookies for mothers group sometime :) Oh and if I had them aound... I'd eat them everyday too. No worries (you saw me with that chex mix!)

The Romney Family said...

What the heck?! I'm so sorry you're still struggling with the sleep issue. I thought things got better when you went off the birth control. I am so sorry! I can empathize somewhat, since my 14 MONTH OLD is just barely starting to sleep through the night (right when I'm 8 months pregnant and can't stinkin sleep anyway--and P.S. am like 5 weeks away from having ANOTHER one of these critters to keep me up all night. Uhhh what was I thinking?!?! haha), but seriously, there is just nothing worse than getting a crappy night's sleep day after day and still having to wake up, put on a smile and care for your family. I really hope things get better for you! :(

And amen to all the other comments about you still being a freakin super-model despite your lack of sleep and daily cookie intake. So not fair. But then, you're so darn likable, too, that I can't even hate you. (REALLY not fair!)

And hey, good for you on the half-marathon. I know you'll do it and do it AMAZINGLY. It's one of my life goals, but I haven't gotten too far with it...

Anyway, P.S. Recipe please!!! From one cookie-lover to another, I am dying here!