9.20.2011

My Grandmother's Dress



I wore my Grandmother Richards' dress to the family dinner for Lauren and Chris on Friday. My Grandmother passed away last July. She was an incredible woman who had amazing style, class, and taste. This dress is just that. She wore this to fancy parties and events when she was younger.  Aside from a few spots of faded color (typical for black vintage clothing), it is in excellent condition.  I feel so lucky to have it and it is now one of my very favorite pieces in my wardrobe. My grandma used to tell her children that out of all the grandchildren I resembled her the most. I am flattered, because she was truly beautiful. Now I just need to get ahold of a picture of her in this dress. That would be awesome. 

11 comments:

JJMorrison said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!

Kate Magleby said...

You are a classy lady. Love this!

Chelsea said...

totally love it.

Mary Martha said...

Everything about this pic is perfect. U r so beautiful! I might have to pinterest u.

Ynna said...

i saw this in person haha. i love it!

Rachel Kirkham said...

That just made my heart melt. You look GORGEOUS!

Sarah said...

Love...you just justified all my pack rat habits.

Liz Berey said...

you look stunning, Dayna!

Lauren Elizabeth said...

I second Mary Martha. This needs to be on pinterest. It is stunning! I want one

Dayna said...

You gals are all SO KIND!!! Love you all!

Juliet said...

wait which grandma??