12.14.2011

Chile.

our future home come january

so i know i have left many of you in the dark with steve's whereabouts the last month. there were a few reasons for that. one, i wasn't super excited about publicly announcing the absence of my husband while we were home alone (i get scared enough as it is at night... even with steve around). secondly, i wanted to know the surety of our plans before i declared them to you all.

so, as it turns out, we'll be moving to santiago chile come middle of january for steve to play soccer. we're basically doing the same thing we did in denmark, but now in south america!  steve was in santiago training with a team (and finding us a place to live), is now home, and we'll return again all together in january for him to try out for a team- hopefully make a team- and continue playing until the Spring.

i'm really REALLY excited. i am not going to lie, a few months ago when we talked about doing this, i agreed a little half-heartedly. i kew it was an amazing opportunity that we needed to take, i was excited for our family to go on another adventure, for steve to live his dream, to meet people and learn things that will prepare him for some things he wants to do in the future, to be the supportive wife that i am.... yada yada yada. but i was slightly hesitant because i know the challenges that come with it. however, the more i think about going, and the closer it is coming, the more and more excited i am getting. i think living in denmark was a good learning experience for doing this again, and i do feel better prepared. this time will be a lot different too- we'll have warm weather, different food, things will be cheaper... its going to be awesome!!!

anyway, that's why i was a single mom for a few weeks. i'm sure many of you were convinced steve and i had marital issues and we decided to go our separate ways.... how foolish of you. if that were the case i would have obviously given HIM full custody of the kids and all their dirty diapers. DUH! but no, no, we are still very much together and in love........... for now. (Jk babe!!!)


Woot Woot! Chile here we come!

7 comments:

Adam and Brittany said...

Wow. I love reading your blog and I am excited to see all your pictures from Chile.

Michelle said...

Wow!!! What an amazing opportunity! I had a feeling something like this was in the works and never had a doubt about you love birds. Congrats to Steve!

Chelsea said...

I heard about your move a few weeks ago from Ali - you are brave, but I bet you will love it. Congratulations.

ACL said...

Dayna! I just read this post-- my best friend from college is currently living in Chile for a year on a Rotary Club scholarship and will be through the summer. Let me know if you want her info-- she is a South American expert having been there many times before and is fluent in Spanish. I'm sure she'd love to provide any help as far as tips and advice (and probably babysitting too!!) Send me an email and I can put you in touch with her-- she is wonderful.

alison.lafleur@gmail.com

xoxo,
Ali LaFleur

The Romney Family said...

Dayna, that is amazing! So excited for you guys. Thanks for finally clearing up the secrecy. :) I was going crazy! haha Seriously, though, this sounds like such an incredible opportunity--hope all goes well for you guys down there.

Andrea Becker said...

Hey Dayna!! We dont know each other but I somehow ended readying you blog (which I love) and I wanted to let you know I am from Chile (have been living in Bethesda for 10 years) and if you need anything let me know!! My whole family lives in Santiago so if you need advice or recommendations on anything let me know!! Hope you like it and have fun!!

Andrea Becker said...

Hey Dayna!! We dont know each other but I somehow ended readying you blog (which I love) and I wanted to let you know I am from Chile (have been living in Bethesda for 10 years) and if you need anything let me know!! My whole family lives in Santiago so if you need advice or recommendations on anything let me know!! Hope you like it and have fun!!