12.16.2011

a real date and gingerbread houses


Last weekend Steve and I went on a date. It had been a long time as many of you know. We celebrated our few hours of freedom from our children at the Original Pancake House in Salt Lake for brunch. I got the Chocolate Chip Pancakes and he got the Belgian Waffle with fruit and cream. My pancakes were amazing, and the few bites I was able to steal from the hubster were amazing too. Its hard picking off the menu at that place- everything sounds divine. 




After brunch we went to the BYU vs. Utah game. It was a sad beginning but we won in the end and that's all that matters. 



We picked up the kids from Crystal and Morgan (they were so awesome to babysit them for us) and headed up to Alpine for gingerbread house making. Jayne got to decorate her very own gingerbread house and she LOVED it!


Her gingerbread men that were suppose to reside outside the home... and that she ended up eating the arms off of. Woops.


Loads of candy

Working hard on the soon-to-be masterpiece


Jayne sneaking in as much candy as she can

Ta da! Isn't she beautiful?  I can't take much credit. All I contributed to was the stone fireplace. So if you like that stone fireplace- the credit is MINE!!!




I think we should seriously consider putting our homes in a competition. 
This talent needs to be used for something.

No comments: