2.27.2012

Berry Banana Avacado Green Smoothie


1/2 an avacado, pitted and peeled
handful of ice
1/2 c. of frozen blueberries
1/2 c. of frozen blackberries
handful of spinach
1 banana
1 T honey
3/4 c. milk

Put all in a blender. Blend to a smooth consistency. 

Enjoy.

--------------------------------------
Are you joining me in the 30 day smoothie challenge?

I love using avacados. Not only do they provide 20 essential nutrients, but they give the drink a smooth creamy consistency (almost makes you feel like you have ice cream in there!).

Other Smoothie Tips:
1. If you're ever feeling stuck on what to make for a smoothie one day, stick in your blender: a big handful of spinach, a carrot, a banana, cup of ice, and then a cup of whatever fruits you have on hand (strawberries, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, apples, peaches, mango, pineapple, etc. etc.). Fill it half way up with water and blend away. That is my go-to smoothie and I never get tired of it. Add yogurt or milk to make a little creamier/sweeter if you want. When you find a healthy smoothie you like, don't feel bad to stick with it for as long as you enjoy it. There is no harm and only good in putting beneficial fruits/veggies in that body of yours.
2. I know I originally said to put at least 2 vegetables in your smoothie. I take it back! There doesn't need to be two. Just try and get at least one in there (say, spinach if nothing else will work). Simply getting a good amount of spinach in your diet will benefit immensely. And don't be ashamed if you decide to only do fruits every once in a while, or just to start you off. Point is, you're getting good stuff in your body once a day. That is progress!

-------------------------------------------------
we went to the zoo. check it out below. 

2 comments:

The Bobos said...

Sounds yummy! Thanks for sharing!!

Jenny said...

I love green smoothies! I make one every morning for Josh, and there is always enough left over for me to have a glass and you are RIGHT...they are addicting. I can't go a day without it. My body is already thanking me. I have more energy, and I simply feel better. Adding Greek yogurt gives it protein, probiotics, and calcium. (we drink almond milk, so the calcium is welcomed). Miss you!