3.08.2012

30 Day Smoothie Challenge. Day 11.


How are you doing so far on your fruit & veggie smoothie challenge?
Have you been consistent every day?
Are you noticing any difference in the way you feel?
Have you found any tried and true recipes that you'd like to share?

We recently discovered that the yogurt juice we were putting in our smoothie contained high levels of fructose and sucralose (Splenda). You can read more about some potential dangers of the two here and here. We figured we'd avoid them altogether and have just started putting water and unsweetened plain greek yogurt in all of our smoothies instead. Still tastes awesome!

Here was our smoothie combination today that I thoroughly enjoyed. I was so thirsty on our walk home, that I added a lot more water to create more of a juice consistency rather than a smoothie consistency. It was so refreshing - I loved it!

add to your blender:
large handful of fresh pineapple chunks
1 large banana
large handful of spinach
large handful of strawberries
one apple
cup of ice
1 small personal package of plain Danon Greek Yogurt
pour very cold water to cover everything in your blender.
blend to a very smooth consistency and drink while cold. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Kim & Clay said...

We have loved our morning green smoothies for the past year and a half or so -- it's the only way i get even close to the daily recommendation! Our current favorite recipe:

-2 handfuls of Costco frozen tropical fruit mix (strawberries, papaya, mango + pineapple)
-1 Tablespoon of unsweetened coconut
-2 big handfuls of spinach
-1 good size carrot
-1 orange
-1 banana
-About 1/2 cup yogurt (we like greek vanilla or strawberry with natural sweeteners like agave)
-1/2 cup almond milk (or whatever milk you like) and 1/4 cup fresh OJ (any juice works)
-I also always add a teaspoon or more of wheat germ and ground flaxseed to any smoothie I make.

Yummm!

whitney said...

Hi dayna- my little brother Caleb had Steve as a coach with the rangers and we are friends of bj and Ellery and josh pratt- I just love your blog and am inspired on different levels of fashion, health, life...I love it. You have such a great outlook on life And I love reading!

Angie said...

YUM. I need (NEED) a blender. Klane and I have been talking lately about splurging on a BlendTek.