3.21.2012

7 days

image via

Does anyone else think it's crazy that there are only 7 more days left of the 30 day smoothie challenge?

With that said, I have an embarrassing confession to make....  I went FOUR days w/o smoothies while we were babysitting my friend's kids this past weekend. FOUR DAYS!!!  They didn't have a blender, and we didn't think to go pick up ours which would have been an easy solution. I felt like such a bum for "cheating" when I was the one that created this challenge in the first place. So here is me feeling guilty and fessin' up.

Still, we missed our green smoothies!  We're back in action since arriving home - cleaned out the fruit/greens that had gone bad while we were gone (if you had read my facebook status today you would have seen that I boldly declared rotten celery as the worst smell ever. fact.), stocked up on fruits and veggies at the grocery store, and are blending away. Smoothies will definitely continue to be a part of our daily routine, and I hope you all will continue this healthy habit even after the next seven days.

 And lastly, incase you'd like to know, here was today's smoothie, recommended to me by my friend Kim. I didn't have everything below on hand (like flaxseed or papaya or even mango) which probably would have made this even better, and it was still really good. Definitely a keeper.

- 2 handfuls of Costco frozen tropical fruit (strawberries, papaya, mango + pineapple)
- 1 T unsweetened coconut
- 2 big handfuls of spinach
- 1 good size carrot
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 banana
- About 1/2 c. yogurt   
- 1/2 c. almond milk   
- 1/4 c. fresh OJ    
- t. wheat germ & t. flaxseed     


YUM.

No comments: