3.04.2012

a couple recipes for your liking


I had a few requests for the following granola and pancake recipes I made recently. They are a couple newly found favorites. The granola has no refined sugar and works great as a cereal, atop yogurt, or eaten just plain as it is. The pancake recipe also has no refined sugar and is one my favorite pancake recipes yet.  Our mornings here at the Magleby home have gotten healthier and yummier thanks to the two recipes below. I hope you'll enjoy them just as much as we do!

Katie's Granola {link}

The only thing I do differently, is I add about a tablespoon of salt, and a couple teaspoons of cinnamon.

............................................

Honey Whole Wheat Pancakes

Ingredients:
1 1/4 c. Whole wheat flour
2 t baking powder
One egg
1 c. milk
1/2 t vanilla
1/2 t salt
heaping T of honey

Method:
Combine flour and and baking powder in a bowl, set aside. Beat together the egg, milk, vanilla, salt, and honey with a fork or wire whisk. Stir in flour mixture until just moistened, adding a little more milk if necessary (thin enough to pour, but not too thin that it's runny.. I prefer my batter on the thicker side). Preheat a skillet over medium heat and spray with cooking spray. Pour about 1/4 c. of batter for each pancake. Cook until bubbly, turn, and then cook until golden brown. 
Spread with butter while hot, and serve topped with warm maple syrup and blueberries (I believe these taste better eaten with the blueberries on top versus cooked inside, but you can also cook them in if you prefer).

recipe slightly adapted from allrecipes.

1 comment:

Annie P said...

I love granola. If you want to try another recipe here is a link to my favorite granola (besides Nova granola) from Stephmodo http://www.zupas.com/2010/07/healthy-breakfasts-no3/. So easy and good.

I will try those pancakes.