3.08.2012

Jayne goes to school!

Jayne started her first day of Preschool/Daycare on Monday. I had my reservations about sending her off at such a young age, but they all disappeared the more we considered it, checked out the school for ourselves, and met the amazing teachers. So far, it has proved to be the best thing for her, and I think it's going to be an awesome experience while we are here. It is M-F from 8:30-12:30 (this week it is only 2 hrs to ease them in). During that time she gets to learn Spanish, play with other kids, do arts and crafts, dance, do "yoga"(seriously, how funny!), sing songs, eat snacks, read books, and just do a whole lot of learning activities all around.  She LOVES it so far!  The past three days when I have gone to pick her up, she gives me a big hug and tells me how much she loves her school and how much fun she had that day. Then, when I ask her at night what her favorite part of the day was, she always says "my school!" It may sound like her life just home with mom is pretty lame in comparison, but to be honest... I think she enjoys the break from us for a few hours in the day.  She has always had an independent personality - never been very clingy and loves to do stuff on her own. This gives her the opportunity to do just that. 

Here is a little glimpse of one of the rooms in her school when we dropped her off on her first day:
Here are just a couple pictures of the view by her school. It is a 40 minute walk from our apartment, but a pleasant one, and the perfect daily exercise:
And now that Jayne is occupied in the mornings, I get to spend some quality time with this cute little guy:

I think he enjoys having some one and one time with his mama (and with Dad too on Mondays - his day off) without Jayne constantly up in his grill. And then he has time to miss her, and is thrilled to see her when we pick her up from school (as am I!). They chat it up and make each other laugh in the stroller as we go to meet up with Dad. We then have the rest of the day together as a family. 

It's a pretty sweet set up!

2 comments:

Kate Magleby said...

She is so grown up. Tell her to STOP! I love these pictures though. Facetime soon!

Angie said...

How cute! I can't believe how old she is!