3.07.2012

KONY2012 REVISITED

Alright, alright, alright! Everybody listen up. I jumped on this KONY bandwagon like so many of you, but now I feel the need to say the following: If you're gonna watch the video, at least do yourself a second favor and do a little reading from another perspective. Then make a decision on how you want to feel about it. There is no question that Joseph Kony is a sick and evil individual. It's sad and disturbing what is happening to so many innocent children. I think the video is worth sharing in an effort to be more aware on problems outside our borders, but it never hurts to look a little deeper on any given issue (I often fail at this!!! And then I am reminded by dear friends who are so much brighter than me!!! So here I am admitting it!). Articles worth mentioning:

here

and

here

and

here


Is it such a pipe dream to wish for world peace?  Sometimes I prefer my own little innocent bubble...

3 comments:

Amanda and KC said...

Hi Dayna!
I just found your blog on Kim's list- kinda stalkerish i know. But I can't agree more with you on this subject. I heard about Kony 2012 from a FB invite and was soo gung-ho about buying the kit and everything. Then I found your blog and read the links. Thanks! I had to comment. By the way KC and I hope you and Steve are loving your experience in Chile! Your family is darling.

Amanda and KC said...

Hi Dayna!
I just found your blog on Kim's list- kinda stalkerish i know. But I can't agree more with you on this subject. I heard about Kony 2012 from a FB invite and was soo gung-ho about buying the kit and everything. Then I found your blog and read the links. Thanks! I had to comment. By the way KC and I hope you and Steve are loving your experience in Chile! Your family is darling.

Angie said...

THANK YOU. I have been seeing the Kony links all over every social networking site the past few days, and I still haven't watched the video because, while I understood basically what the issue was all about, the thought in the back of my mind was "and WHY haven't we heard anything about this until right now?" "and WHO are these people that I'm sending my money to?" "and WHAT are they actually going to do with the money I'm sending them?" I tend to be skeptical of this kind of thing, and these articles confirm what my gut was telling me. Anyway, now I don't know if I should bother watching the video after all.... ?