5.13.2012

Mothers


I am feeling especially grateful today to be a mother to these two munchkins. 
The past few years have held incredible lessons for me of what motherhood is all about, and I can't imagine doing anything greater in this life than bearing and raising my beautiful children.

In my few years as a mom, I have also grown greater appreciation for my own mother and all that she did (and still does) for her 10 children. I repeat, ten children (still boggles my mind)!  I am grateful for the many pregnancies (and recoveries!) she went through to have us all, and all the diapers she changed. I cherish all the time she took driving us to activities, making homemade meals, planning countless birthday parties, and even brushing our hair every day (and while at the time I may have hated, I now know from a mother's perspective how hard it is!)

I am grateful to my mother-in-law for raising the boy who is now my companion and the father to these two little people we claim as our own. I couldn't have asked for anyone better or more suited for that role. I have her to thank for teaching and setting such a wonderful example that helped mold him into the man that he is. I am also grateful for the grandmother role she has stepped into so easily. She loves our babies as if they were her very own.

I love our mothers so much and feel so lucky to be a mother too.
It is the best thing ever.

Happy Mother's Day!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

cutest pictures ever!! love your little family. you look gorgeous dayna! happy mothers day!

Mary Martha said...

happy mother's day to you!!!