8.06.2014

Our Jaynie Girl turns FIVE!


..... and a few more from the iphone {click to enlarge}












Our baby girl turned FIVE on July 11th. FIVE. FIVE!!!!!!!!
Jayne woke up to breakfast in bed (she requested it months before when I got breakfast in bed for my birthday) and flowers from her Daddy. For her big party she settled on a Frozen theme. Being pregnant and busy with 3 other hooligans, I did not have it in me to go full out like last year, but I still think it turned out really great. We ordered a Frozen themed cake from the Provo Bakery (which was absolutely delicious and really beautiful with the white frosting details and icy looking sprinkles - but Steve and I could not get over how funny the characters looked... luckily Jayne loved it and could tell exactly who they were so it was all good). Jayne and her friends made and decorated their own snowflakes upon arrival. They loved this part of the party! I kind of threw the idea together last minute to give them something to entertain themselves as they waited for people to arrive but they ended up making more and more I had to stop them because of time, and I think they could have called it a day at the end of decorating and been happy campers.  But of course we couldn't do without..... swimming!!! July birthdays are pretty awesome when you have such a great location to have a pool party. I'm pretty sure Jayne will have a pool party every year of her life if we are lucky. After swimming they had cake and ice cream, opened gifts, swam some more, and then the guests left with their own snow globe favors (that had Anna and Elsa characters in them). Easy peasy lemon squeezy. The girls had a blast. And most importantly, Jayne said it was the best day ever! That evening we barbecued with Steve's family, Monette gifted Jayne with the most gorgeous handmade "Frozen" dress I have EVER seen (hoping she will want to wear it for Halloween so I have one less costume to worry about), we picked raspberries in Grandma's garden (Jayne requested to have her picture taken with some of her flowers, sweet girl), then Jayne was granted her birthday request to camp out in Grandma's backyard (something she'd been talking about doing since her birthday last year... this girl takes her birthday very seriously and plans well in advance!). We set up tents, roasted s'mores and then Steve, Taylor, Max, Kate, and the kids slept outside in the tents while I slept inside with Frankie. Ironically enough, I had the worst night of sleep ever while the rest of them SLEPT IN with no interruptions. But pretty awesome day from start to finish for our sweet Jaynie girl. We love this little lady to pieces. We feel so lucky to be her parents - best five years of our lives, no doubt!

No comments: