7.22.2017

E I G H T


My first born is EIGHT! I remember when she was just a baby, I was telling Steve how crazy it would be to have a child old enough to be baptized (in our church, children are baptized when they turn 8) and, HERE WE ARE! Time is no joke. 

We are currently in Maryland and its a stormy day, perfect day to blog. Our summer has been a whirlwind with so many activities and events going on, I wasn't even sure if we'd be able to squeeze in a birthday party for Jayne. But anyone that knows Jayne knows how obsessed she is with her birthday and so we managed a party just before going out of town, thanks in large part to Jayne and her party-planning-skillz. Every year we usually have a pool party up at my-inlaws pool. It makes her birthday SO easy, but after 7 years of that, Jayne's only real request was NO POOL PARTY PLEASE. But I told her I was too overwhelmed to plan a party at home so she took matters into her own hands. She planned her own activities, made her own invite list, and even put together a shopping list for me of the supplies we would need for her party. Haha. This girl. She is one-of-a-kind. I love how determined and passionately creative she's been since such a little age. She knows how to make things happen.

For her birthday, she invited a few friends over for a "station party." There was a fairy house painting station, a trampoline/sprinklers station, dance party station, and pizza/cake station. She requested banner, balloons, and streamers for decorations.That afternoon we stopped by 7/11 for traditional slurpees for our "slurpee baby", set her balloons free while jumping in the sprinklers with her brothers, and went to Cafe Rio (her choice) for dinner. It was a great day! 

The Sunday before her birthday, we celebrated with family in alpine at my in-laws. My mother-in-law set up such a fun festive fourth of july themed table setting.

We had ice cream cake and all went around and said why we love our Jaynie girl. I love my Jayne so freaking much. She's truly amazing. Not only is she incredibly talented, beautiful, creative... but she's just a good person. She tries her best to do what's right and is very aware of others and their feelings. When I am having a hard day, she can tell and will do acts of service without being asked, like making my bed, picking up the house, cleaning the kitchen, drawing me a picture, etc. She is a sweet girl. I can't even count how many love notes this one has written me throughout her life. They are always so thoughtful and kind and are such a great pick-me-up. She is really thoughtful of others and I love that about her. I also love her growing testimony of the gospel. She has gotten up the last three fast sundays at church to bear her testimony. I would have never done that at her age. They are always short but so genuine. She's also really fun to hang out with and talk to. You know the saying that talks about how you can love someone but not necessarily "like" someone. Well, I love and LIKE Jayne. She's so fun to talk to and be around. She makes me want to be a better mom and person, but also makes me feel like I'm enough just as I am. She loves unconditionally and is very forgiving. She's funny and bright and I foresee a fantastic future for this little chick. We sure love you, Jayne!!!

We have a tradition on birthdays that we open our family gifts in the morning with breakfast per request of the birthday person. They always get the "you are special plate" (a plate we always used growing up!). For Jayne's birthday we gave her a sewing machine! She's been wanting to learn to sew and we found a kid-friendly one on amazon. My mom and sister gave her a sewing kit and fabric and we also gave her a sewing book with different ideas that she can make at a beginner level. I'm so excited to see her get creative with it. 


Someone is excited about her big sister's birthday!

A party planner in the making :)  (incase you're wondering she crossed off savannah because she found out she wasn't going to be in town, not because she didn't want to invite her, lol)

Painting their fairy houses!

I can't believe this girl's bday is just around the corner! 

I can't believe she is eight!!!

Slurpees with her bestie Ellie. These two have been friends since they were babies.






Setting her balloons free!

Birthday hugs





HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAYNE!

No comments: