7.25.2017

Mr. and Mrs. Cirker


One of my very best friends from high school got married this last weekend and I had the honor of getting to be one of her bridesmaids! Katie and I have been friends since elementary school. We wore the same dress on our fifth grade graduation, went to "Club Friday" together, wrote backward notes to each other (that we'd have to read facing a mirror), had countless sleepovers, were on Poms and Showstoppers and Blast from the Past together, wrote some of the best songs ever created (as DNS featuring KT), and she was one of my bridesmaids at my wedding! I love her so much and am so grateful to have her in my life. We have gone very long stretches without seeing each other while focusing on our own busy lives, but I love that when we reconnect it's as if no time has passed. To know Katie is to love her. Everybody needs a Katie in their life! 

The next best thing about getting to see Katie was finally getting to meet her Mikey! I already liked him from everything I had heard about him, but meeting him in person only made me love him more.  It brings me so much joy to see my friends find their soulmates and get married and even better when they choose guys that are top notch! Weddings are so magical to me. I love watching couples commit their lives to each other in marriage. I love seeing how in love and excited they are, I love witnessing and feeling all the emotion from family and friends, I love the whole celebration. So much love! Reminds me of my own wedding and brings back all those amazing feelings. Weddings are the best. There's only one thing that beats weddings and that's babies. Better got on that, Katie! ;) 

The gorgeous couple at the wedding rehearsal. Not the greatest photo but I was trying to sneak a pic of Katie's cute outfit and her incredible SHOES! :) 

Rehearsal dinner at RPM Italian in DC was beautiful and delicious 

Shannon was my "plus one"

Mikey is obsessed with Star Wars, so Katie had this cake made for him saying "You are the Obi Wan for me!"

This dessert was so fun to watch be made and tasted so good!

Driving home and seeing the city at night was pretty awesome too

Wedding day!!! The girls all met at the hotel to get ready together.

We snuck downstairs to see some of the set up. I looooved the table assignments calligraphy on these huge beautiful mirrors!

The bride getting beautified!

Beautiful bridesmaid bouquets 

Getting her hair did. 

Love this girl!

STUNNING

Opening up her wedding gift from Mikey. 


He gave her these incredible shoes to change into for the dancing

The set up for the ceremony. I wish you could see this in person. It was incredible!!! The flowers, the candles, the lighting.... breathtaking. After the ceremony, everyone went outside for cocktail hour while they transformed this entire space into the dining and dancing. 



Katie and her sister Julie





Katie and her mom. How amazing is her mom's dress???? It was custom made and gorgeous!

So happy for this beautiful bride!


Crystal came as my plus one for the wedding. I feel like I have zero make up on in this photo standing next to my sister who's makeup is incredible! She was the stunner of the night, even Katie's two gay uncles told her they thought she "looked so sexy....and we aren't even attracted to women!" haha!


gorgeous table settings


Katie and Mikey are Jewish and it was so fun to be apart of their loving and tight knit community for the weekend. They have so many wedding traditions that remind me a lot of my LDS religion/culture and I just really admired how much love and support they have for each other in their community. It's like one big family.

The band was amazing! One of the singers was on a past season of American Idol. 


These two were adorable. Mikey's daughter Elyse and Katie's nephew Jack. 

I love me a daddy-daughter dance. Tear jerker.

Another highlight of the night was seeing my friend Lisa from high school and meeting her daughter Sienna! 





It was such an honor to be apart of this incredible wedding. What a weekend!!! Congratulations to Mr. and Mrs. Cirker! Love you guys!

1 comment:

Katie Silverman said...

DAYNA!!!! This post was SO SWEET, I'm tearing!!!! Seeing all of the pictures of the wedding and pictures of you and I together makes me so extremely happy. I am so lucky to have an amazing lifelong friend like you and I can't wait to share more memories together! Thank you for being such an important part of my special day. Love you with all my heart. ❤️