6.18.2009

Getting ready

Photobucket

Jayne's room is finally complete. It has been so fun getting it all ready for her arrival. I love peeking in on it just to get even more excited for her to be living in all its cuteness. I have had a lot of help getting it to where it is. All of the furniture was given to us to use by my amazing in-laws. They have been so good to us. My sister-in-law Lauren helped me paint the room the pretty sky blue. My sister Shannon has been a huge help as she has been here staying with me the past few weeks to help me get ready for her arrival. We painted the dresser in the room and got all the cute little things hung on the walls. I would be stressing out to the max if she wasn't here to get me going on all the last things I needed to get done. We have cleaned all Jayne's clothes (they smell oh so Dreft baby clean), put them away, stocked on all the little essentials (diapers, wipes, nursing pads, etc.) and have them all put where they belong. We finally found and purchased THE stroller and car seat that we love (I was super picky and absolutely love our final choice). It feels SO GOOD to feel ready. At least as ready as I can be at this point, with the reassurance that if she were to come that things are in some order. One of the best feelings was finishing the blanket yesterday that I have been making for her. It only took me a couple days (but a long time to actually get started). I will post the picture of it as soon as its out of the wash. I can't wait to snuggle up with her in it.



My thoughts and feelings have been in so many places lately as I have realized my baby girl is going to be here with us in only three weeks time (or less- but hopefully not much less). At our birthing class on Tuesday we watched a video of a birth and I started crying. It kind of came over me out of nowhere-  I was just so overwhelmed at the thought of that being me, finally able to meet and get to know the little being that has been with me 24/7 for nine whole months. And my life is about to change completely. My time will be completely devoted to this tiny little person. My needs no longer come first as her's become principal. I am no longer my own- but now the mother, nurturer, caretaker of her and my prime responsibility becomes making sure she is happy and safe and taken care of. And surprisingly I wouldn't have this any other way. I have so much love for her already and I haven't even met her yet. That is so amazing to me how that can happen. I am amazed at how life takes its course. It doesn't seem that long ago that I was a little girl with my mom and dad and family. Now Steve and I are creating our own family together and I am about to be a mother (a mother!) and steve a daddy to our own little girl.  I feel so blessed. I hope she will know how much love I have had for her from the moment I knew she was there, and I hope I will always remember how this felt to have her inside and a part of me. It is such a miracle it really is.  

10 comments:

The Romney Family said...

Dayna, you are so sweet, and it's so fun to hear how excited you are. And WOW, that room is amazing. Jayne will be living AND dressing in style! It made me laugh to read what you said about crying during the birth video. Oh my gosh, it only gets worse! Ever since I got pregnant and still now, I swear, I cry at the drop of a hat. EVERYTHING brings tears to my eyes. Nathan is always making fun of me, but there you go. Something about being a mommy for the first time, I guess, but Kate's going on 7 months now and it's not going away so... haha I've just learned to live with an extra box of Kleenex in the diaper bag and no more wearing mascara on my bottom lashes! It really is the greatest thing in the world, though, meeting your little one and getting to know their sweet little personality. And knowing that YOU'RE the mommy and this is your little angel forever. It's amazing.

Becky said...

what a sweet post dayna. this time is incredible - wondering about the unknown, anxious to meet your little girl. it can get a little overwhelming, but is such a neat feeling preparing the best way one can to take on such an amazing role as mother. you are ALREADY such a great mommy. im so excited for you and steve, and of course for baby jayne! truly, i am. the room is perfect. cant wait to see pictures when she finally gets here!

Kristen said...

What a sweet, exciting blog post. You are going to be such a wonderful mother, little Jayne is just so lucky to be yours!!

I am so excited for you, and for your little family. Her room is darling. I hope everything goes smoothly in the next few weeks!! Congratulations! I love you!

Casey said...

beautiful post.

i remember wiping away tears while watching the birthing videos at the hospital classes, and for me, it was the same-it came out of nowhere. i felt like such a wimp, but i am still in awe with the whole process. good luck with having your little girl soon. i miss having newborns around. it's such a special time.

Angie said...

I can't believe it's finally happening, and I am so excited for you. It sounds like you are really ready to take this next step, not just with having all the baby things in order, but spiritually and emotionally too. That is great. It really is such a miracle to be a mother, you are going to love it and I can't wait for the blogs!

Also, I am in love with that color of blue on the walls. We were thinking of painting our apartment that very color. You don't by chance know what brand and color it is, do you? That information would be very valuable to me.... ;)

Mary Martha said...

oh my goodness! It is so beautiful. i love it. You are going to be such a good mom. can't wait to see Jayne in the toom. whew!

Bonnie said...

Dayna, good luck I am so excited for you. I'm glad I got to see you recently too, and I was interested to see which stroller you'd end up with...so thanks for posting that! You are going to be SUCH a good mother (how could you not be??) I'm so happy for you! P.S. The room looks good.

The Romney Family said...

So Nena is just a common Spanish nickname for little girls. Nathan served his mission in California, Spanish-speaking, and he would hear lots of the parents calling their cute little girls "Nena" (nay-nuh) and just thought it was really sweet. (These girls all adored him, so I think that sort of contributed to securing a place in his heart for it!) When we found out Kate was a girl, he just sort of started calling her Nena and it stuck. I took a little longer to warm up to it--to me, she was always "Chickadee" but, I don't know, after a while...it just sort of feels like it fits! haha Anyway, that's where it came from.

Esther Noelle said...

So excited for you! Her nursery looks AMAZING! And you are so sweet! I hope you're feeling well for this last little bit! :) Love those birth videos too! So neat!!!

ashley schmutz said...

that is the cutest nursery I have ever seen! The crib bedding! The chandelier!!! you have to fill me in on your secrets! I LOVE the baby blue too. The apt we are moving into has a baby blue room where the nursery is going to be and I am kind of obsessed with it for boy or girl. I love that you agree! Congrats, dayna. I can't wait to meet little Jayne.