11.01.2009

halloween weekend fun

Photobucket

halloween this year was one of the best. it is so fun having halloween on a saturday because the partying lasts all weekend long. on friday steve and i hosted a halloween costume party up at the cabin. we sent out a massive facebook invite to everyone and their dog... we had a decent amount show up. it was fun to see other people in their costumes and have a good time. our favorite was dressing little jaynie up in her costume. we decided to do a 50's family theme this year so my sister crystal helped me make these poodle skirts for me and jayne. it was much better than paying 30 bones for a tiny baby skirt. we actually made both skirts for a total of 30 dollars and i think they turned out pretty cute. steve pulled out his dad's old byu jacket and with his slicked back long hair and rolled up jeans he played the part quite well. it was a fun night with dancing, catching up with friends, and laughing at some pretty funny costumes. here are some photos from the night, which are a lot, but we took a TON of photos so i did my best to narrow it down.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

on saturday we headed up to alpine to be with steve's family. jayne had a second costume, given to her by steve's mom. when they were in maine they found this awesome lobster costume. she was so stinkin' cute in it.

Photobucket

she was so cute we just wanted to eat her up so we threw her in the pot to cook her for dinner.

Photobucket

thanks grandma monette for the cute costume!

Photobucket

7 comments:

Shannon and Kevin said...

Thank you Dayn for the update! The party looked like a lot of fun! You and Jayne look so stinkin' cute in your matching poodle skirts and steve looks pretty good too - what a great idea for a family ensemble! Miss you guys!

The McKinleys said...

oh my gosh!! i'm dying. little jayne is such a cute girl. and your poodle skirts turned out SO good! wish we could have come to the cabin...looks like it was a blast!

Angie said...

Awww, I miss you guys and your costume parties! It's always so fun to go to those; everyone always pulls out all the stops. Loved these pics, and your family looks so cute! Love the 50s theme.

Mary Martha said...

so sorry we didnt come. my flight was running late and we didnt get in until 8ish. we missed out! yall look so cute!

Lauren Elizabeth Magleby said...

I LOVE everyone's costumes! Wish i could have been there

The Romney Family said...

Oh, man, Dayna, that looks SO fun! I'm so bummed we couldn't be there. You did such a good job on the costumes. And holy cow, that picture of Jayne in the pot!!!! Are you kidding me?! I think I just peed my pants. I'm so glad you guys had a good weekend.

Shannon said...

you and jayne look so adorable in your poodle skirts!!!! I'm so glad it worked out!
And her in the lobster pot!!!! I'm dying! I might steal her from you!