12.03.2009

its beginning to feel a lot like christmas

oh man do i love christmastime!!! it just gives the year its perfect ending.

while we were in maryland, my aunt suzanne had our big gang over for pizza and milkshakes. her basement is decked out in 50's christmas decorations. we had fun dancing to 50's music on her juke box and eating yummy food. my aunt was so generous to even give each of us christmas gifts to get us in the christmas mood. it definitely worked. by the end of the night i was giddy with christmas spirit.

our little family

kev was the milk shake master
my aunt got jayne this adorable santa hat. if only her head wasn't jumbo sized she probably would have liked wearing it.
jordy "fishing" for his gift
elyse wearing her new blanket and tiara
my aunts cute tree







taylor's toe slotted socks. he put them on as soon as he got them.

and just for fun... here are some videos we took with our jaynie girl

daddy daughter dance

jayne laughing her head off at elyse

mommy daughter dancing

5 comments:

J and Rachel Kirkham said...

LOVE IT!!! Hooray for Aunt Suzanne!

J and Rachel Kirkham said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angie said...

Wow, your aunt is amazing! looks like such a fun party. I loved those videos of Jayne, too cute!!

The Romney Family said...

Holy cow, that all sounds SO fun. I would kill for a basement like that--it's been my dream since years and years ago when my parents were toying with the idea of buying a jukebox for our basement, which I thought was absolutely the coolest idea ever. (And then of course, my wild imagination just went crazy with the possibilities.) I'm so glad you guys had such a fun trip! Can't wait to get out there in a couple weeks myself.

And P.S. Jayne in that hat = ADORABLE (jumbo-sized head and all!) haha JUST KIDDING. I only say that because my kid's head is BEYOND jumbo, according to her screwed up stats at least.

The Bobos said...

WOW. You guys always have the coolest parties. And I just love Jayne's laugh! I want to nibble her cheeks!

So, I need your address so I can send you a Christmas card. Will you email it to me at jennibobo@gmail.com? Are you going to Maryland for Christmas? We'll be there for a couple weeks. Maybe we'll see you? I hope all is well with you and your cute family! Love you much!!